Nearly half of Generation Z say they are always anxious, half admit to being worried about themselves and a third say they have Imposter Syndrome.
New research conducted for ITV News investigates the pressures facing Gen Z and the concerning effects that this is having on their mental health.
The research formed part of an ongoing series of reports published by ITV news titled: 'Generation Anxious'. The series of reports take the readers on the path of discovering the rise of young people experiencing feelings of anxiety and self-doubt.
One young person told ITV, "When I got my first and second jobs I felt like somehow I'd cheated my way into them and tricked people into hiring me."
Anita Amini said, "I was just feeling a lot of self doubt and that in a way I didn't deserve my achievements and that somehow I'd cheated my way into the positions I was in."
The full series is available here.
- Who are Generation Z?
- Gen Z are anxious, entrepreneurial and determined
- How Gen Z will change the world
State of the Youth Nation
Put Gen Z insight at the heart of your business with our State of the Youth Nation tracking product. It will equip you with the tools to better engage with young people, and put the drivers that shape their worlds at the heart of your youth market decisions.
Subscribe today to save on your research budget.
Annual membership gives you instant access to:
• Latest Gen Z insights - Be better prepared with the most up-to-date tracking data (nationally representative); anticipate and react quickly to the evolving needs of future consumers
• Regular webinars - Who is Gen Z? How to get cut-through? What drives loyalty? Best practice 101
• Gen Z and your business - Challenge us to improve your Gen Z engagement strategy. We will deliver an action-orientated insight deck to inspire change
Book a no-obligation demo today to see it in action.