We're delighted to have signed up to the MRS Inclusion Pledge, reflecting our commitment to promoting diversity, equality and inclusion within the market research industry.
This pledge is going to be another key step in our journey to driving a more inclusive space in the market research industry. It forms part of our ongoing commitment to our staff, ensuring they feel empowered to help address issues relating to diversity and inclusivity.
"There has been a significant social change in the last few years and this is something we have seen first hand as an agency specialising in understanding youth culture. We're directly affected by the issues and it's a responsibility we take on to champion diversity, inclusion and liberation, not only in the work we do for our clients, but also in the market research sector as a whole." - Managing Director, Tatenda Musesengwa.
We know that joining the pledge is an early step in creating long lasting, sustainable and meaningful change that we hope will break down some of the barriers holding back our peers and colleagues who are from marginalised groups.
By signing we agree to five key commitments that will help address the key issues:
- Publish pay statistics annually and demonstrate clear, sustained progress towards gender and racial pay parity.
- Work towards an inclusive team and culture that supports and offers a platform to marginalised and under-represented groups.
- Work towards achievement of government targets on inclusion of women and people of the global majority at executive committee and board level.
- Improve recruitment processes to prioritise inclusion and equality by tackling nepotism and systemic barriers through initiatives including supporting school and university leavers and apprenticeship programmes.
- Create a supportive and inclusive workplace for all by facilitating a proactive culture that champions community, radical softness, healing, whistleblowing and transformative justice.
If you have any questions or would like to find out more about our commitment to inclusion, please get in touch with us at: email@example.com
Committed to Supporting Inclusion and Diversity in the Sector
Joining the MRS Inclusion Pledge is only part of our story to advocating for greater inclusion within our company and across the wider MR sector.
YouthSight's Managing Director Josephine Hansom is a steering committee member for the Market Research Society's MRSpride 🌈. This initiative is established to connect LGBTQ+ professionals and allies across the research sector with the aim to unite us as an industry and drive greater visibility of the LGBTQ+ community.
And in addition to this, Tatenda Musesengwa is a co-founder of the Colour of Research (CORe), which aims to address the issues affecting ethnically diverse people by changing perspectives and provide support to BAME professionals working within the research sector.
Plus with YouthSight's recent acquisition by Savanta (who have already signed up to the MRS Inclusion Pledge), we're excited about our future, working together with the industry to uphold these commitments and achieve our long term goals.
To find out more about how we're advocating for greater inclusion, read our recent articles here or get in touch below.