We're speaking and exhibiting at the fifth annual YMS (Youth Marketing Strategy) conference in London on the 8th-10th March 2016.
We're delighted to announce that Josephine Hansom (head of Youth Research and Insight) will be making a plenary address at the event, co-presenting with her client, Carol Fraser of Sport England.
The joint presentation is entitled, 'Competing for hearts and minds: The challenge of making sport relevant to multitasking Millennials'.
The presentation will illustrate how a more strategic approach to youth insight and engagement has made a real impact in the way Sport England understands young people.
Namely, to tackle the number of young people who are not regularly active, Sport England realised that they needed to completely change the way they viewed young people.
- Millennials and Gen Z are born multitaskers which means competing for the attention of young people is harder than ever
- Sport England is committed to increasing the number of young people taking part in sport, which means making it relevant
- Despite over 4.7m young people taking part in sport regularly, more than 2.5m haven’t taken part at all in the last month
Over the last year, YouthSight has been working with Sport England to explore the wider life of young people, not just the relationship young people have with sport and exercise. This has included developing a ground=breaking segmentation model for Sport England.
During this presentation, Josephine and Carol will explain how Sport England is now able to look beyond the ‘sporty’ types who are already active and understand more than just young people’s sporting lives. They will describe how this work has strategically informed the way new sporting offers have been developed and how the insight gathered has supported organisations to refine the way that they work with young people.
In addition to speaking at the event, YouthSight will also be exhibiting – see us at Stand 19
- Event: YMS 2019
- Date: 8th - 10th March 2016
- Location: Roundhouse, Chalk Farm Rd, Camden Town, London NW1 8EH
- Speaker: Josephine Hansom
- Team: Insight Consultancy
- Panel Discussion: Competing for the hearts and minds: the challenge of making sport relevant to multitasking Millennials
Read more about the event
YMS is the annual conference for the youth marketing industry in Europe, with 1,000 brands, agencies, universities and youth organisations coming together for an annual 2 day festival.